qmwztlxb3

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

By-Election Polling

As we haven't seen the typical avalanche of polls (yet) from the Globe, Star, Sun Media and all the other usual suspects, I thought I would look around and try to find some other polls that might be relevant. This is one I found on the Mercury site:

mercury web poll

May 24, 2008

Would you support a national carbon tax?

Yes: 18 per cent (88 votes)

No: 82 per cent (412 votes).

Visit GuelphMercury.com to vote on this week's poll.
Note: I wonder what happened to last week's poll that asked if Guelph should "invest" in some art for display in the new Civic Square. As I remember, the poll was running around 70 to 30 against such an investment. I looked through Saturday's issue and couldn't find it published anywhere. That poll had the smell of someone's trial ballon. When it went over like a lead ballon, I guess it makes sense to just make it disappear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The results were accidentally never published in the paper. Thanks for pointing this out.
Here they are:
Should the city invest in a work of public art to adorn Guelph's refurbished city hall complex?

YES - 30.17% (270 votes)
NO - 69.83% (625 votes)
Magda
guelphmercury.blogs.com/59_carden_st

Blue Zone said...

Thanks Magda.