qmwztlxb3

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lowering the Barr

I have had a great deal of respect up until now for how Brent Barr handled his ouster as Conservative Party Candidate for Guelph. All that changed after Sunday. I was over at my friend T's for a BBQ Sunday evening and had a chance to catch up on everything that was going on while I was off on vacation.

While it was widely reported that Brent attended the Dion Green Shift event at the ICC, what wasn't reported was what Brent had to say when the reporters were not around. I guess Brent didn't realize that a Conservative supporter was standing not more than three feet away from him during the entire event. It's been the talk among various conservative circles in the city every since. The fact that he won't be "supporting or voting for that bitch Kovach" was one of the more pleasant things he had to say. Apparently he was also seen days later canvassing with Frank Valeriote, although there seems to be some dispute over that report. I guess it's possible they just happened to meet on the same street at the same time.

I think just about anyone would be bitter if they had experienced what Barr has, but politics is a long term game. Stephen Harper won't always be leader of the Conservative Party and the people running things today won't always be running things. I would suggest that running into the arms of the Liberals is not the best course of action for Brent if he wishes to continue enjoying the support of both small and large C conservatives.

The choice is Brent's, but for the sake of those who do still support him I think it would be wise if he were to take a consistent approach both in public and private. At least that way everyone knows where they stand and can make their own informed decision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Blue Zone
If you would like to have a conversation at any time all you have to do is call me. Before, during and after the election and even to today my number is available for anyone to call and chat. Accessibility was key to me. Obviously you had heard some rumours that are not true. I do not even use the word you mentioned in private let alone in public.

Give me a call sometime and we can chat. if you can not find my number it is available on my website (www.yourcandidate.ca).

All the best and good luck with your blog.

Brent

Anonymous said...

So what happened with this? Did you converse with Brent?