qmwztlxb3

Friday, July 4, 2008

The Guelph Funnies

I had a good chuckle when I read this post today at the Guelph Tax Revolt blog.

Personally, I think they went too easy on the Guelph Civic League, otherwise known as the Guelph Chapter of Tax and Spend Incorporated.

To me, the Guelph Civic League represents nothing more than municipal versions of the NDP and Green Parties, masquerading as a citizens group to skirt Ontario's prohibition of municipal political parties.

Don't believe me - check out the who's who of their supporters page featuring typical left-wing notables such as the Central Student Association University of Guelph, the Council of Canadians, CUPE Local 241 and the Guelph and District Labour Council. The League's Communication Coordinator, Tony Leighton did so well in a recent Mercury opinion piece that I think someone should nominate him for Outreach Coordinator as well. He's a natural.

No comments: